True North 30-Hour Famine Overnight
February 21, 2014
7:00pm – 11:55pmCategory: True North Youth
As part of the festivities of NCCC's 2014 Missions Conference, True North Student Ministries is hosting a lock-in for students to participate in World Vision's 30-Hour Famine. The purpose of the lock-in is simple: to help students raise money and awareness to combat the problem of world hunger. Through their participation in the Famine, students will increase their own awarenss of the problem of world hunger through the night's activities (teaching, games, videos, prayer, and worship). Students will become more aware of facts like:
- World Hunger is 100% preventable. It's not a question of whether there's enough food for everyone-there is. It's a question of who's going to be seen and heard doing something to help children in need.
- 30 U.S. Schools' worth of kids are dying everyday. Think of 30 elementary, middle and high schools in your area.
- Around the world, more than 870 million people are hungry-this is nearly 3X the population of the United States. That's one out of every 8 people on the planet.
What our Famine Will Look Like
- Students will raise money ahead of time and bring it with them to the Famine on Friday, February 21.
- Students will begin to fast after dinner on Thursday night, February 20 (around 7 p.m.).
- We will meet for an overnight at the church February 21-22 for a time of teaching, fellowhip, games and more. We will break our fast early Saturday morning (approximately 1 a.m.). We'll also watch movies and hang out. Separate sleeping areas will be provided for guys and gals to stay at church.
- On Saturday we will have some more teaching and worship, eat breakfast, and hear from Leonardo DeChirico, our guest speaker at this year's Mission Conference. Students can be picked up from NCCC at noon.