Followers of Jesus in the past summarized the purpose of human existence, saying, “Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.” While this is the ultimate reason for which God made all human beings, the unique mission with which Jesus has charged the church is to “make disciples” (Matt. 28:16-20). By definition a "disciple" is a "follower" of another, one who imitates the life and faith of the one they follow.
As a church, our vision is to make followers of Jesus who will in turn fulfill their chief end of enjoying and glorifying God. The result of men, women and children becoming and growing as mature and equipped followers of Christ is transformation, both personally (2 Cor. 5:17) and at every level of society (Col. 1:19).
“We exist to glorify God by making and deploying mature and equipped followers of Christ for the sake of personal, family, community, and global transformation”
As each of us knows from our own spiritual journey and our study of the Scriptures, the making of a mature and equipped follower of Christ is a process. Ultimately, the transformation of a person who is unfamiliar with Jesus or his church into a person who is a servant-leader like Jesus depends on the work of the Holy Spirit. However, from Scripture we see that humanly speaking that process commonly consists of the following process that makes up our mission.
We plan to accomplish our vision by:
1. ENGAGE the unchurched where we live, work, and play [Matt. 28:18-20]
2. CONNECT newcomers to the community of God’s people [John 13:33-34; Matt. 28:18-20]
3. ESTABLISH members in the faith through life-on-life missional discipleship [Matt. 28:18-20; Col. 2:6-7; Col. 1:28-29]
4. DEPLOY servant-leaders for a life of kingdom-impact [Matt. 28:18-20]
As we go about our mission, there are several values that are most important to us.
- Practicing indiscirminate LOVE regardless of social, economic, or racial status.
- Demonstrating personal, family, organizational, financial, and leadership INTEGRITY.
- Living by FAITH in Christ and attempting faith-oriented goals in an environment of innovation and change.
- Speaking and proclaiming the TRUTH regardless of the consequences.
Contact us for more information about NCCC.
Subscribe to our weekly update.